January 27, 2009
Thank you to all of our clients who attended this Inclusive Event. The final count ended up at 190 for the evening and we have heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone.
This year Greens Point Catering under the direction of owner Bridget Nannen, decided to go with a different format from their normal Tasting event. Greens Point proposed that instead of having a tasting where couples only had the chance to taste a few select Inclusive menu items, why not have an event where couples could come and try them all! So with that in mind Greens Point and Lionscrest set to the task of creating a two-seating tasting where couples were able to sample many delights. The menu included...
- Green Olive and Citrus Tapenade Crostini with Goat Cheese
- Stuffed Mushrooms Florentine
- Meatballs with Wild Mushroom Bordelaise
- Crab Salad on a Wonton Crisp with Fresh Mango
- Smoked Trout on an Everything Cracker with Red Onion Caper Relish
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Wrapped in Phyllo
- Mushroom Risotto Cake Topped with Crème Fraiche and Chives
- Chicken Sate with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Classic Caesar Salad with Romaine, Parmesan Cheese, Croutons and Caesar Dressing
- Baby Greens with Tomato, Cucumber, Carrots, and Homemade Croutons, One Dressing of Choice Included: White Balsamic Vinaigrette, Ranch, Greek Vinaigrette, or Creamy Gorgonzola
- Romaine and Spinach with Spiced Almonds, Sun-dried Cherries, Bleu Stilton Cheese and White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pears and Gorgonzola with a Light White Wine Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Breast with White Wine, Basil, Plum Tomatoes, Topped with Fresh Mozzarella
- Jerk Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast with Diced Mango and Mint
Second Entrée: (optional upgrade for the wedding)
- Carved Top Round of Beef with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Sesame Lime Salmon with Ginger Soy Glaze
- Grilled Pork Medallions Topped with Braised Leeks and Fennel in a Light Jus
- Asparagus Roasted with Butter and Herbs
- Julienned Tri-Colored Carrots
- Green Bean Almondine
- Red Skinned Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Oven-Roasted Baby Red Potatoes
- Wild Rice Pilaf
- Tuscan Orzo with Artichoke Hearts, Olives, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Wedding Cake Served by Colorado Rose Cake Co- (Flavors were as follows)
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake with a Mocha Mousse Filling
- Amaretto Cake with a Raspberry Filling
- Butter Pecan Cake with a Bavarian Cream Filling
- Strawberry Cream Cake with a Strawberry Gel and Mousse Fillings
- Butter Yellow Cake with an Apricot Mango Filling
Photos provided by Elegant Images & Photographs
Lionscrest Manor and Greens Point have teamed up to offer our clients a Rehearsal Dinner Option at the facility. Download Rehearsal Dinner Flyer to learn more. To reserve your dinner please call Greens Point at 303-772-2247.
Lionscrest Manor Recommended Vendors from this event
Caterer- Greens Point Catering, Longmont CO
Cake- Colorado Rose Cake Co, Berthoud CO
Florist- Flowers Elite, Firestone CO
DJ- Pure Sounds Productions, Loveland CO
Liquor- 9th Ave Liquors, Longmont CO
Hello to everyone who is visiting our new Blog Journal for Lionscrest Manor!
We are so excited to have an outlet to share, learn and laugh with you all through your special event. With 15 years of experience in the Colorado wedding market we have many stories we can tell. We want to provide information that you may find helpful like spotlight stories on our recommended wedding vendors or real wedding stories about some of our past Brides and Grooms. Some stories will help you to personalize your event, while other entries we hope will shed light on how we do all that we do and of course highlight upcoming events you can attend at the facility.
Now I admit that being new to the blog scene there will be a learning curve through this process but be patient and hopefully we will get the hang of things fairly quickly.
FYI... No two Lionscrest Event Supervisors are the same (even though we may sound alike).
Being a family business all of our couples get to work with the whole family. That's right we have Mom (Leona), Grandmas (Darlene and Vera), Aunt (Wendy), and Sisters (Tana, Shannon Tati and Lauren). Sometimes even Dad (Bob), makes a special appearance. Like Punxsutawney Phil, if Bob sees a shadow of one of us ladies at the Manor, he will return to his cave for 6 more weeks of hibernation. Believe me we don't wake the sleeping Bob! I digress... We invite you to come to one of our open showings to take a tour and get to know who's who of the LCM crew.
2008 Family Photos at Lionscrest- Leona and Bob's 30th Anniversary. We wanted to give a special thanks to Susan and Nancy with Armitage Photography for the wonderful photos they took. We have had the pleasure of working with Susan for over 10 years now and consider her a member of our extended "Vendor Family".
Tana's Tip of the Day
Do's and Don'ts for the week of the wedding...
Do take the time to visit with your family and friends. Remember that this is a big event for you, your fiancee, family and friends. Many couples get so caught up in their plans that they forget to spend quality time with their loved ones. Plan a fun activity with everyone that has nothing to do with the wedding. Go hiking in one of our wonderful Colorado State Parks, have a game night, or treat everyone to a round of golf (putt-putt works too). I promise you they will have a blast and you will enjoy the down time!
Don't go paint balling! True story... Many years ago we had a Bride who planned a paint ball outing for all of the family... sounds like fun right! Everyone chasing each other, hiding, laughing, blowing off steam, what could be better than that. You know it is all fun and games until the Bride gets hit in the face and has double black eyes for the big day. No amount of make-up could conceal this mishap. On the bright side the Bride had built in sun-reflectors, so no squinting in her photos!
We hope you enjoyed our first blog and keep checking in for updates, tips, stories and more!